Tuesday 18 June 2024

Changes I had to make to my storyboard during production

When filming my short film I had to make changes to my storyboard to be able to capture the best quality shots. 

In one of the shots where Belle looks at the door for a second then puts her lipstick on after, I was originally going to have the camera shot from the back and the n cuts to the side. However I quickly realised that the angle wasn't that appealing for her side and back profile, and didn't properly capture the room door, so I opted to angle the camera a bit more front-faced, but still on the side, which opened up Belle's space more and overall looked much better that the original idea. It also  added more variety into the camera movement.

Here is the original plan:



Compared to the final look:




Another change in the storyboard was the way that the Director was introduced with snaking his arms around Belle. Instead, I went for an extreme close-up of his hand going onto her shoulder, in order to keep the affection a bit more subtle, while also bringing more variety in the type of camera shots.

Additionally, I was changed the shot when Belle directly looks up at the director, as it was an awkward and uncomfortable action to perform, so instead we went for the movement of Belle turning slightly to the side and looking at him from over her shoulder. This was a more effective and comfortable change.

Here is the before:



Compared to the final look:




No comments:

Post a Comment